Organizes art projects and art contests for students and club members. Art related events are also planned for children throughout the year to promote an appreciation for the Arts.
Starting in the 2014-2015 Club year, an annual Art Scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding Hollidaysburg Area High School Art Student.
- Selection of Arts Scholarship Winner
- Art Contests
- Decorations for Tureen Dinner - our first club meeting of the year
- Crafts for Pumpkinfest
Conservation/Community Improvement CSP
Dedicated to encouraging others to become actively involved in environmental affairs and the beautification of our community. We have combined two Departments, Conservation and the Community Improvement Project.
Outstanding two-year Community Improvement Programs receive recognition from GFWC and GFWC Pennsylvania
- Kid Alert A community awareness and abduction prevention program
- Tot Park at Canal Basin
- Kids' Kingdom Play Park The construction of this park happened in just 5 days
- Kids' Kingdom Play Park and Canal Basin Park Renovation Project PHASE I AND PHASE II This is an on-going project - renovations continue at both parks
Selects the recipients of our annual Academic Scholarships; Adult Woman's Scholarship, Senior Student Scholarship, and Community Service Award.
Members of this Department also work with the Hollidaysburg Area High School Guidance Office to provide awards for junior students in various curricula.
- Scholarship Application
- Selection of Scholarship Winners
- Community Outreach Collection of school supplies and clothing items for students in need
Home Life CSP
Focuses on helping and supporting local economically challenged families through a variety of means. Food, clothing, and shoe drives are organized.
Additionally, all club members voluntarily donate essential items from prepared "wish lists" fromlocal organizations. Lists are published in our Newsletter and items are collected at the meetings. Club members deliver the donations personally. Organizations receiving support include: senior citizens, Domestic Abuse Shelter, Teen Shelters, Mending Hearts Animal Rescue, the Humane Society, area food banks, and more.
- Thanksgiving Food Drive Distributed to 5-6 local food banks
- Holiday Gift Drive
- Monthly Collection/Donations
- Coupon, Soda Tab, Magazine Collections
Note: All projects mentioned above support local families in need and nonprofit organizations throughout Blair County.
International Outreach CSP
Focuses on an international project each year such as involving international exchange students in club events and projects.
Club members have made donations to help support hurricane victims and to women living in rural areas of foreign countries.
- Operation Smile
- Heifer International
Public Issues CSP
Welcomes people who are becoming naturalized as new citizens. The ceremony is held at the Blair County Courthouse in July. The new Citizens, their families and friends and presiding judges are invited to attend a small reception after the ceremony.
- Naturalization Ceremony - Reception
- Care Packages for Military
GFWC Special Program: Domestic Abuse Awareness & Prevention
By supporting existing activities, working with various established programs, and initiating educational opportunities for club members and local citizens, the goal of the GFWC Signature Project: Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention is to increase awareness and prevention of the widespread occurrence of domestic abuse in communities across the nation.
- Bath Buddy Baskets - This project supported children who were having a difficult time adjusting during their stay at the shelter. The project offered moms a unique way to bond with their child as many featured fun bathing toys or puppet style washcloths. An array of bath products were donated.
- Coupon, Soda Tab, Magazine Collections
- 100 Individual clients benefited through our Grant Program with our donation of $1,500 for the Family Services, Inc., Justice Project to provide clients with money to pay for custody supervision fees and postage fees associated with serving legal documents on their abusers.