GFWC Hollidaysburg Area Women's Club
The mission of the GFWC Hollidaysburg Area Women's Club (GFWC HAWC) is to develop the educational, civic, and social interests of its members, to advance the welfare of the community, and to promote the progress and work of the General Federation of Women's Clubs.
Our club members were the force behind the following projects:
- The Blair Foundation for Historic Hollidaysburg
- The Recreation Commission
- Building of the Hollidaysburg YMCA
- Kid Alert Program for Children
- Planting trees along Logan Boulevard
- Planting trees along Allegheny Street in Hollidaysburg
- Construction of Kids Kingdom Play Park
- Tot Park at Canal Basin Park
- Mural Project at the Children's Museum in Altoona
- Kids Kingdom Play Park & Canal Basin Renovation Project Phase I and Phase II
Our club is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) community service organization founded in 1938 and is comprised of women from the Hollidaysburg area. Clubwomen are passionate, enthusiastic volunteers who come from different backgrounds and share a common interest in giving back to our community. The community outreach initiatives of club members are encouraged through various committees and projects. We are proud to be members of the General Federation of Women's Clubs and GFWC Pennsylvania.
Grants are awarded to other 501(c)(3) organizations located in Blair County. Scholarships are given to local high school and adult students. Grant and Scholarship programs are supported by area businesses, club members, and the community through the fundraising efforts of our Clubwomen.
In 2008, the 70th anniversary of GFWC HAWC, the club received recognition from the Borough of Hollidaysburg for our years of service and dedication to our community. The ceremony and reception included honors from local and state representatives including Representative Jerry Stern, Senator John Eichelberger, and Congressman Bill Shuster. We celebrated our 75th Anniversary in April 2014.